Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Project

As some of you already know I am a movie hound, and a blogger at heart. I have had various sports themed blogs which occasionally touched on my love of the silver screen. Well everyone makes new years resolutions, or wants to do something they enjoy in life, I enjoy movies.

I decided that I wanted to see every picture which won the Academy Award for Best Picture. It may seem like a trivial pursuit to most, but to me it is something I enjoy. With the help of services like Netflix I figured this now would be an accomplishable goal.

I got a subscription at Christmas to Netflix and now have begun my pursuit. On this blog you will see all the reviews of these movies. I think the best way to do this is to go in order. From 1988 to the present I have seen every Oscar winner, and see various others from the past like The Godfather, On the Waterfront and Bridge on the River Kwai etc. From time to time there may also be reviews of other movies I see either at the theatre or with my subscription. Stay tuned, it should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment